Tuesday, February 12, 2013

How we made it through "Nemo"

Yes, snowstorm "Nemo" came and went here and we spent most of the weekend snuggled up on the couch, eating macarons, drinking Earl grey tea, and streaming episodes of "House of Cards" on Netflix.  Have any of you had a chance to see that show? I'm not usually one to be into politics, but this show is completely addictive, suspenseful, and Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright are both absolutely mesmerizing...

Macarons + earl grey tea
 
I snapped a picture of my favorite snack, macarons, and my favorite tea (earl grey) over the snowy weekend. All the way on the left is an antique floral teacup and saucer I picked up in an antique shop in Saugerties, NY on the way back from a skii trip with my husband. If any of you ever find yourselves nearby Saugerties, please visit! It is such a charming, small town. Check out their antique shops (they are known for their abundance of these) and the infamous Krause's Chocolate shop. Antiques and chocolate? That's paradise to me....

Bucky in the snow
Anyway, we got plenty of snow, but not as much as some parts of New England I'm sure. After the snow settled, we took a walk outside with our dog and he just loved it  - as you can see above from his snow-covered snout. I am not a professional photographer by any means, but I do appreciate lovely photos and I think I have a decent eye for them. That is why Instagram has become my latest obsession... If you have one, please feel free to follow me at: victorian_violet. And if you're also on the east coast, do let me know how you fared during the storm. With love...

-Alyssa


2 comments:

  1. Awesome shots! Your dog is just too cute! Glad you made it through, and looks as if you had some fun while you were at it! I love that antique tea cup! I have one that sits permanently on my coffee table, or should I say tea table. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thank you so much Alyson! Tea table seems more befitting.. I'll take it ;)

      Delete